Tuesday, January 21, 2020

(New Exclusive Interview) Angelique Talks Music With More Than Hip Hop

(New Exclusive Interview) Angelique Talks Music With More Than Hip Hop

(New Exclusive Interview) Angelique Talks Music With More Than Hip Hop



1. How long have you been creating music and who made you want to start creating music?

I’ve actually been making up lyrics and creating since age 4. I remember my Mom would tell me to stop being hyper. I used to sing loudly everywhere. 

My Mom was actually a huge influence growing up. She was a country gospel singer. I’m telling you she could play the keys off the piano.

My Dad is Italian and always singing too. He was more into Jazz and do wop .

From the time I was little I dreamed on being on stage. I actually used to sing with the jukebox at age 7. People would tip me.

I remember getting in trouble for Singing Madonna... lol

I had health issues 5 years ago. A year later my Mom passed. I was a single Mom for a long time. I actually kinda gave up before that. Only because I was working so much. 

I realized life is short. I couldn’t shake my dream. I began writing again and moved to Vegas. I found a team that really believes in me. I’m unstoppable now!

2. Breakdown your style and sound, along with telling us what makes you different from the other artist out in the music industry today?

My style basically I’m versatile. I mean I’m an artist. I do different types of music. I really enjoy writing and producing my melodies.I’ve been inspired by Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Amy Whinehouse, Etta James, Patsy Cline, Marilyn Monroe, Sinatra, JLO, Selena, Prince. Just to name a few.  I love music with meaning and feeling.

I do love Jazz, R&B and Pop though... At times I can be such an old soul.

3. In your eyes, what’s more important. Having a mega hit record or having a 20 career with chart topping singles and projects, but no number ones? Breakdown why as well. 

I’m hoping for 20 years and much longer. I’d like to have a real group of fans. I just hope my music is Loved and played all over the world. 🙏🏼

4. Love By You is the name of your new single. What is the concept behind it and how long did it take you to come up with the record?

I wrote Loved By You for my boyfriend. At the time he was traveling a lot. I was actually just thinking of him..

I wrote the song within a week. I sent Klubjumpers the melody. We had it ready within a few months.

5. Do you plan on touring this year? And what three mainstream artist would you be honored to tour with? 

I’d love to Tour asap. My sponsors have high hopes for me. We’re actually just hoping to get the remaining singles I wrote finalized shortly.

I’d love to your with Mariah or JLO. Then again who wouldn’t? I’d honestly just be happy to be booked and on stage.

6. Where do you see your brand and career in the next 5 years?

I see my career in music doing well. I mean I’m not conceited. I just know my music is real. I think I’ll have an connection with others through music. I’m really hoping to get an Grammy one day. That would be a dream come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment